Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Working Inside the Cabin

I've spent the last several days working on the inside of the cabin. I also got the external roof back on her, and screwed down. I have about half of my headliner up, with some foam insulation under that to hopefully keep out the heat of the sun. I bought some blue cloth with a print of pirate ships and treasure chests on it to make curtains out of, and a bunch of rivets and a hammer jig to assemble them with. This should be a fun way to get the curtains done without having to sew, and might add a little more shiny metallic highlight to the interior. I wanted brass rivets to match everything else, but the craft store only had chrome, oh well, it'll do.

I'm not happy with my kitchen counter, and I have a sheet of white plastic laminate to try to put over it. If I can manage to cut it, and get it glued in without breaking it I think I will go with that over the plywood because it didn't take a finish like I wanted it to. Still need to do some interior painting in the V-berth, and a little more cleanup if I can remember to take this little vacuum I have out there. Also need to take the camera and get some new pictures so I can share this part on this blog if anybody is reading it anyway. Lots to do, no clue about my future, might have to sell the boat so I can move unless I get a job like I want somewhere around here, or the engine running so I can get the boat to where I am going and come back by train or bus for the car.

So much to do and so few funds left. Oh well, there's always day labor and temp work.

No comments: