Saturday, July 28, 2007

Toe Rail Moulding On

The toe rail is on, that was an all day job yesterday. I'm going out there today with my camara. I'll get some pictures, then paint it in. It'll have to dry about a day before I go for the second coat because its oil paint, so while that's drying I'm going inside to put some braces underneath my decks, and then caulk all the way around one more time. If there's time left I will work on finishing my interior vinyl work, buffing the exterior vinyl and brightwork, and maybe building some storage shelves for the front of the V-berth. I need to build some holds below decks to make all the space down there useable for storage, but I'll have to buy some more plywood for that, and probably will wait until I see how much she is going to leak on first going into the water. I've cut and pieced scrap so much for my decks and kitchen I dream of little bitty pieces of plywood butted and lapped with tons of screws in them growing into a ship the size of an oil tanker. I'm getting an early start this morning so I can beat the heat. It had to be close to 100 yesterday, but I must be getting used to it, because I just kept right on going.

No comments: