Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Picture of My Owens





Here is a picture of the whole boat with the roof on. Only thing lacking exterior is to get the toe rail moulding back on. I wussed out and bought some cheap wood because to get the mahogany cut and milled to match what was there was $275, and cash is tight. The wood I bought cost under $25. It's treated, and I'm going to paint it green like the rest of the boat losing the mahogany accent I was picturing, but it has an aluminum strip that goes on it so that will be enough accent for now, maybe I'll redo it when I get the cash.

The before picture of the headliner is just where I pulled the insulation I put in back so you can kind of see what it looked like before. The after is what it looks like now, the stuff you see hanging down in the back is insulation in the places where I did not have enough vinyl (the store did not have enough, they're ordering some).

The windows were just bare wood. I have some of the curtains done. I'm not all that happy with the pirate print, but it was cheap, and it looks ok.

Getting the last of the wood on the outside is my current goal. I figure I will have plenty of time to get the inside finished once I move in (one more week). God willing I will get the motor running soon without any huge expense, and I'll have a full fledged operational cabin cruiser instead of just a floating apartment. Here are the pics.

No comments: