Monday, June 25, 2007

Overview at the end of June


I should probably take a minute to make the plan for this boat project clear. I am rebuilding her in three stages. Step one is to rework the hull and make sure she is sound. Step two will be to get the engine running. Step three will be to cosmetically rework the topside exterior. And, step four will be to work on the interior of the cabin to make her livable. The timeframe plan at the moment is to have a sound hull and a running motor by the end of July, and to then move in an live aboard spending spare time finishing the job topside. So far things are going well. I actually have the plywood installed for the hull patches, and am ready to start sealing with epoxy, sanding, and repainting. But, I was so tired when I finished bending the plywood into shape and screwing it in that I forgot to take the pictures. I hope I remember to do that first thing tomorrow before I get too far to capture images of this step. Above is the picture I promised you of the starboard side with everything removed and ready for repairs.

No comments: